Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video Combining trusted research methods with new media, part of Public Relations Foundations.
- Research for PR sounds complicated, but it's not.…Today, you have so many more options…when it comes to gathering great information…about your audiences, so you can communicate…with them more effectively.…Research, simply defined, is the systematic collection…and interpretation of information.…You can use the information to increase your understanding…and knowledge about the target publics you wanna reach.…Primary research includes surveys, polls,…questionnaires, and focus panels.…
It's information you gather as a first-hand account.…Secondary research includes published studies,…white papers, reports, publications,…or any information that has already been written…and has been compiled by another credible source.…What's changed in research today?…Combining trusted research methods…with new media for in-depth intelligence.…When you wanna create a PR program, remember,…research is the most logical starting point.…
It's your opportunity to fully understand…your communications environment,…or your market landscape.…
Learn today's public relations techniques and best practices with PR expert Deirdre Breakenridge. In this detailed course, she explains how social media has revolutionized public relations, and offers an effective eight-step workflow you can use to ensure you're sharing the right message with the right audience. Learn how to build a PR plan, develop and optimize messaging, and engage everyone in the media, from reporters to bloggers and influencers. Next, see how to manage relationships and your organization's reputation; amplify awareness with the aid of internal and external "champions"; and plan for, and gracefully navigate, crises. Finally, explore the differences between a news release and a social media release, check out effective visual storytelling techniques for new media, and see how to measure and share PR outcomes.
- Explain two ways to raise credibility.
- Define research.
- Identify the steps to take when auditing social media communication.
- Describe the thinking process PR professionals should use when developing messages and optimizing content.
- Recognize three strategies for becoming a trusted source for journalists and bloggers.
- Differentiate between issue management and crisis management.
- Explain how to create effective infographics.
- Identify the important of understanding data and analytics.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Moving from PR and PR 2.0 to PR Expanded
2. Researching Today's Consumers
3. Learning the Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Developing Relationships and Building Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. Finding the ROI and the Value of PR
Conclusion: Becoming the Modern-Day Communicator
Next steps3m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.