Join Anson Alexander for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the SpyFu SEO tool, part of Spying with SEO Tools.
- We're going to use a tool called SpyFu…in a couple of videos in this section of the course.…So I think this tool deserves its own introduction.…SpyFu is an SEO research tool that focuses on…doing SEO research on your competitors.…It's pretty much a perfect fit for what we…are trying to accomplish.…This is another tool that offers some information…for free and additional information…with a paid subscription.…For the purpose of this video we can stick with…the free information.…To access SpyFu, we can go to spyfu.com in our web browser.…
Once you're on the SpyFu page you'll notice that there's…a text box in the center right of the screen…for you to enter a website URL…to start looking at information.…Let's enter one of our competitor's web addresses…and then click the Try It Free button.…On the page that appears you'll notice that…we're presented with a great deal of information…regarding our competitor's website.…The main sections that we're going to be looking at…in the course are the Organic Keywords section…
Author Anson Alexander explains what to look for when researching a competitor's SEO presence and website traffic. He then shows how to find both paid and organic keywords that competitors are targeting. Then learn how to find out what is driving traffic to a competitor's site, evaluate on-page SEO factors and usability, understand how competitors' social media platforms contribute, and monitor for new entries into the market.
- The benefits of researching competitor's SEO
- Researching competitors and their website traffic data
- Finding keywords targeted by competitors
- Reviewing incoming links and social media
- Checking out sitemaps
- Using competitor SEO data