Author Anson Alexander explains what to look for when researching a competitor's SEO presence and website traffic. He then shows how to find both paid and organic keywords that competitors are targeting. Then learn how to find out what is driving traffic to a competitor's site, evaluate on-page SEO factors and usability, understand how competitors' social media platforms contribute, and monitor for new entries into the market.
- The benefits of researching competitor's SEO
- Researching competitors and their website traffic data
- Finding keywords targeted by competitors
- Reviewing incoming links and social media
- Checking out sitemaps
- Using competitor SEO data
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Anson Alexander and welcome to Spying with SEO. In this course, we'll look at how to research the web presence of your competitors to help improve the online efforts of your own organization. I'll explain how to identify which online competitors you should be most concerned with. We'll go over how to determine the amount of website traffic that your competitors are receiving and what's driving that traffic to their website. I'll show you how to use a number of online tools to discover in-depth data regarding the SEO standing of your competitors.
We'll be covering all of this as well as plenty of ways that you can use the data that we discover to improve your overall web presence. Now, let's get started.