Join Anson Alexander for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing on-site SEO for competitor websites, part of Spying with SEO Tools.
- On-site SEO is the foundation of SEO.…It's where it all begins and it's one…of the first things that search engines look at…when indexing pages.…So naturally, it's definitely something…that we need to look at when researching…the SEO of our competitors.…On-site SEO deals a lot with the…behind-the-scenes SEO of a website,…the actual code behind a web page,…and influences the way that the search engines…perceive the website when they crawl over it.…Once it's set up, it's usually static,…so it isn't something that's always changing over time.…
On-site SEO for your own site is very important,…and you may wanna speak with your website administrator…to make sure that it's set up properly.…When looking at the on-site SEO of our competitors,…there are certain aspects that are going…to be valuable to us, and certain aspects that aren't.…I'll try to just talk about the relevant ones.…To get started, I'm going to introduce…a tool that can quickly analyze…some of the metadata associated…with your competitors' website to save you…
Author Anson Alexander explains what to look for when researching a competitor's SEO presence and website traffic. He then shows how to find both paid and organic keywords that competitors are targeting. Then learn how to find out what is driving traffic to a competitor's site, evaluate on-page SEO factors and usability, understand how competitors' social media platforms contribute, and monitor for new entries into the market.
- The benefits of researching competitor's SEO
- Researching competitors and their website traffic data
- Finding keywords targeted by competitors
- Reviewing incoming links and social media
- Checking out sitemaps
- Using competitor SEO data