Join Anson Alexander for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing paid keywords targeted by competitors, part of Spying with SEO Tools.
- We've reviewed some of the primary organic keywords…that one of our competitors is ranking for.…So now, let's take a look at some of the keywords…that another one of our competitors is actively targeting…through paid advertising campaigns.…Again, we're using the SpyFu tool to do this,…so make sure that you're on spyfu.com,…that you've entered one of your competitors'…web addresses in the search box,…and that you've clicked the Try Free button.…This time, we're going to look…at the Paid Keywords section of SpyFu.…
Again, since we're using the free version,…only the top five paid keywords are available…for us to review.…If we actually click on one of these keywords,…we're presented with a bunch of analytical data…regarding the cost of advertising for this keyword,…how many advertisers are currently paying…for an advertisement for this keyword,…and some additional information.…I'm gonna go back for now, though,…because this isn't an AdWords course.…So I don't think a lot of this information…is relevant right now.…
Author Anson Alexander explains what to look for when researching a competitor's SEO presence and website traffic. He then shows how to find both paid and organic keywords that competitors are targeting. Then learn how to find out what is driving traffic to a competitor's site, evaluate on-page SEO factors and usability, understand how competitors' social media platforms contribute, and monitor for new entries into the market.
- The benefits of researching competitor's SEO
- Researching competitors and their website traffic data
- Finding keywords targeted by competitors
- Reviewing incoming links and social media
- Checking out sitemaps
- Using competitor SEO data