Join Anson Alexander for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing how social media drives traffic to competitors' websites, part of Spying with SEO Tools.
- View Offline
- It's not uncommon to think of social media…as falling under the marketing umbrella, and forgetting…to take it into account when looking at SEO.…We're not going to do that in this course.…Social media does effect SEO.…Google has come right out and made it public knowledge…that Google search looks at what's popular…and trending in social media, and then takes that…into account when displaying search results.…Let's take a look at how we can analyze…our competitor's social media platforms…from an SEO perspective.…I'll be honest with you here, linking social media…to website traffic and SERPs isn't easy.…
And becomes a bit more subjective.…So you really need to put on your Sherlock Holmes hat…when digging into this aspect of SEO.…To start, and really just to get a baseline…on how valuable social media is in driving traffic…to our competitor's website, let's use a tool…that I introduced earlier in the course, SimilarWeb.…To access it, we'll just go to similarweb.com,…and then we'll paste our competitor's web address…
Author Anson Alexander explains what to look for when researching a competitor's SEO presence and website traffic. He then shows how to find both paid and organic keywords that competitors are targeting. Then learn how to find out what is driving traffic to a competitor's site, evaluate on-page SEO factors and usability, understand how competitors' social media platforms contribute, and monitor for new entries into the market.
- The benefits of researching competitor's SEO
- Researching competitors and their website traffic data
- Finding keywords targeted by competitors
- Reviewing incoming links and social media
- Checking out sitemaps
- Using competitor SEO data