Join Anson Alexander for an in-depth discussion in this video Checking keyword density, part of Spying with SEO Tools.
- Another great way to get an idea…of the keywords your competitors are ranking for…and trying to rank for is by checking…the keyword density of their websites.…By looking at keyword density,…we'll be able to see the most common keywords…and keyphrases in the content on their website.…Websites often rank in search engines…for keywords that appear multiple times on the website…because search engines use keywords…to determine the primary subject or subjects…of a website and its subsequent pages.…
Because the keywords and keyphrases…we're going to look at appear multiple times…on the site, it can also be gathered…that the website owners are concerned…with ranking for these keywords.…This gives us an idea of the content strategies…that these website owners are using.…Let's take a look.…The tool that I'd like to introduce…to look at keyword density is one…of many tools available at seobook.com.…SEOBook is a website and blog dedicated to SEO…and is a good resource to keep in mind…if you plan on doing SEO research…and staying up-to-date with the industry in the future.…
Author Anson Alexander explains what to look for when researching a competitor's SEO presence and website traffic. He then shows how to find both paid and organic keywords that competitors are targeting. Then learn how to find out what is driving traffic to a competitor's site, evaluate on-page SEO factors and usability, understand how competitors' social media platforms contribute, and monitor for new entries into the market.
- The benefits of researching competitor's SEO
- Researching competitors and their website traffic data
- Finding keywords targeted by competitors
- Reviewing incoming links and social media
- Checking out sitemaps
- Using competitor SEO data