Join Anson Alexander for an in-depth discussion in this video Checking competitive sites for usability, part of Spying with SEO Tools.
- Another, more minor aspect of a website's SEO…is its' page load time.…Google does in fact rank pages with faster load times…higher in search results than pages with slower load times.…Obviously, it's not the only thing taken in to account…but it does contribute.…For this section of the course,…I think it's best to compare your website's load time…to the load times of your competitors websites.…And if you notice that yours is slower,…work with your website administrator…to speed it up.…To find out a web page's load time,…we're going to use a tool called…the Pingdom Website Speed Test.…
Which can be accessed by going to tools.pingdom.com…on the page that appears, we can enter a web address…to test its' load time.…Go ahead and enter your web address.…I'm going to enter my website's address…landonhotel.com and click Test Now.…It may take a couple of seconds,…but when it finishes, it will display…a total load time at the top of the page…labeled Load Time.…Go ahead and record this load time…in your tracking sheet for your own website.…
Author Anson Alexander explains what to look for when researching a competitor's SEO presence and website traffic. He then shows how to find both paid and organic keywords that competitors are targeting. Then learn how to find out what is driving traffic to a competitor's site, evaluate on-page SEO factors and usability, understand how competitors' social media platforms contribute, and monitor for new entries into the market.
- The benefits of researching competitor's SEO
- Researching competitors and their website traffic data
- Finding keywords targeted by competitors
- Reviewing incoming links and social media
- Checking out sitemaps
- Using competitor SEO data