Join Anson Alexander for an in-depth discussion in this video Benefits of researching the SEO of competitors, part of Spying with SEO Tools.
- Performing competitive research is an important aspect…of running a successful business.…It can help you understand the market better,…and where your organization fits in.…It can help establish goals and help shape future plans.…Along with looking at how competitors perform,…in areas such as product innovation…and customer satisfaction, it's also important…to take a look at how they perform on the internet,…and more specifically, how much traffic they're getting…to their website, where that traffic is coming from,…and what they intend to do with that traffic.…
Maybe convert a sale, or maybe they're just trying…to increase brand awareness.…By looking at a competitor's SEO profile,…and their web presence as a whole,…we can gain a lot of insightful information…to use with our own business moving forward.…Some examples of the information that we'll uncover include:…the overall market structure, some of the target markets…that our competitors are looking to reach out to,…some of their online selling techniques,…
Author Anson Alexander explains what to look for when researching a competitor's SEO presence and website traffic. He then shows how to find both paid and organic keywords that competitors are targeting. Then learn how to find out what is driving traffic to a competitor's site, evaluate on-page SEO factors and usability, understand how competitors' social media platforms contribute, and monitor for new entries into the market.
- The benefits of researching competitor's SEO
- Researching competitors and their website traffic data
- Finding keywords targeted by competitors
- Reviewing incoming links and social media
- Checking out sitemaps
- Using competitor SEO data