Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Using ad extensions, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Earlier in this course we looked…at adding ad extensions when we setup our…first campaign, but let's say that you want…to add these extensions after the fact…or you have an ad group that's running…where you haven't configured this extension…or maybe you just want to try a new extension.…Well fortunately it's easy enough to set up.…Now I'm logged into my account and I'm at the…Campaigns view and I've logged in as…RentTrack to show you an example…of a campaign that already has some…ad extensions set up.…To see them I'll choose Ad extensions from the…tab view towards the center of the screen.…
Here you can see in the upper left-hand corner…the view menu and this shows me which extensions…I'm currently viewing down below.…You'll notice that I have SiteLinks selected…and I can see that we have several site links…associated with this particular account.…Now let's say that we want to add a new extension.…Here in the bottom left-hand corner you'll…see the + extension button and I'll select that.…We can choose a New campaign site link extension.…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
<div>A: Formats of your ads are also known as Ad Extensions. Your ad format score will depend if you're using any ad extensions. The format of the ad will look different depending on the type of extension used to display information about your business, such as a phone number, consumer ratings, or your website's domain in the headline. </div> <div> </div> <div>Google takes these formats, and their effectiveness on your target market, into account when it calculates your Quality Score. </div> <div> </div>
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Advanced Google AdWords Tips and Trickswith David Booth56m 54s Advanced
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.