Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding ROI, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- Whatever reason you're using AdWords,…it's important to measure your…return on investment, or ROI.…Knowing your ROI helps you evaluate…whether the money you're spending on AdWord's…advertising is meeting your advertising objectives.…Let's talk about what ROI is.…ROI is the ratio of your net profit to your costs.…It's one of the most important measurements for you…because it demonstrates the real effect…your efforts have on your business.…If you're seeing a positive ROI,…you can continue to scale your advertising campaigns.…
If you're seeing a negative ROI,…it's time to identify what's wrong and fix it.…There are multiple ways to calculate ROI,…but the most common is to take…Revenue minus Cost of Goods Sold…divided by Cost of Goods Sold.…In the land and hotel example,…we'll assume that we charge a customer…$300 for a night at the hotel.…And the cost to supply that hotel is $200.…So our ROI is $300 minus $200 divided by 200…and that gets us a 50% ROI which means…for every one dollar you spend, you get $1.50 back.…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
<div>A: Formats of your ads are also known as Ad Extensions. Your ad format score will depend if you're using any ad extensions. The format of the ad will look different depending on the type of extension used to display information about your business, such as a phone number, consumer ratings, or your website's domain in the headline. </div> <div> </div> <div>Google takes these formats, and their effectiveness on your target market, into account when it calculates your Quality Score. </div> <div> </div>
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Advanced Google AdWords Tips and Trickswith David Booth56m 54s Advanced
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.