Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Targeting with keywords, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- Now that you're armed with your list of keywords,…it's important that we discuss another component…to how keywords work.…Every keyword has the ability…to have settings applied to it.…These settings are called Matching Options.…And they help you control how closely the keyword needs…to match a person's search term in order to trigger your ad.…There are five main type of Keyword Options.…Broad Match, Broad Match Modifier,…Phrase Match, Exact Match, and Negative Match.…When you go to add your keywords to an ad group,…you'll have the opportunity to…select these matching options.…
I'll discuss how to be setting these up in your campaigns…in a later movie, but for now let's talk about what each…of these five types means.…The first is Broad Match and by default…every keyword is a Broad Match.…This means that your ads can show for things that match…your keyword or for words that are closely related,…like synonyms or common misspellings.…Broad Match will even match with longer phrases…that also contain your keywords.…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.