Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Targeting with keywords, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- Now that you're armed with your list of keywords,…it's important that we discuss another component…to how keywords work.…Every keyword has the ability…to have settings applied to it.…These settings are called Matching Options.…And they help you control how closely the keyword needs…to match a person's search term in order to trigger your ad.…There are five main type of Keyword Options.…Broad Match, Broad Match Modifier,…Phrase Match, Exact Match, and Negative Match.…When you go to add your keywords to an ad group,…you'll have the opportunity to…select these matching options.…
I'll discuss how to be setting these up in your campaigns…in a later movie, but for now let's talk about what each…of these five types means.…The first is Broad Match and by default…every keyword is a Broad Match.…This means that your ads can show for things that match…your keyword or for words that are closely related,…like synonyms or common misspellings.…Broad Match will even match with longer phrases…that also contain your keywords.…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Bing Ads Essential Trainingwith Joseph Kerschbaum1h 44m Beginner
Advanced Google AdWords Tips and Trickswith David Booth56m 54s Advanced
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.