Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up an account, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- To start advertising with Google Adwords,…you'll need to create an Adwords account.…The first step is to open up a browser.…And head over to adwords.com.…Next, we're going to click the Start Now button…here in the lower left hand corner of the screen.…Now, it's tempting to fill out the information…that appears in this guided tour.…But if you do…Google's going to walk you through…setting up your fist campaign.…And I'm not a fan of trying to create something…before you've really explored…how the interface works.…
So, simply click the link labeled Skip the guided setup.…First things first.…We need to either enter in our existing…Google account information.…Or provide information to establish…a new Google account.…If you use Gmail, Analytics or AdSense,…you already have an account established with Google.…You can use the same email address you use…to log into Analytics…to sign up with Adwords.…If you're creating a Google Adwards account…for business purposes,…as you probably are,…It's a good idea to create the Google account…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.