Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Conversion Tracking, part of Google AdWords Essential Training (2017).
- As we've seen, one of the biggest reasons…that online advertising has become such a big business,…is that unlike many forms of traditional advertising,…it's extremely measurable, and by using the AdWords…Conversion Tracking feature, we can use…specialized code that allows us to keep track…of how many sales or leads our…AdWords campaigns are generating.…This helps us invest in our campaigns intelligently,…and we can get pretty granular.…By using this feature, we can evaluate…whether or not a specific keyword, ad, ad group,…or campaign are profitable for us or not.…
When we have this information,…we can start to make data-driven decisions,…like spending more of our budgets…on campaigns that are performing well,…while we simultaneously work on optimize…or dialing-down the budget on campaigns that aren't.…Now, we need to know two things before we get started.…First, we need to know what our conversion is.…Is it a sale on a product?…Is it someone filling out a form?…Is it submitting a request for more information?…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.