Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Search Terms, Auction Insights, and User Location reports, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- As you being to familiarize yourself…with the reporting capabilities of AdWords,…It might feel a bit overwhelming.…Since you're just starting out,…and we're focusing on the essentials,…I'm going to give you the three…most important reports to look at.…These are the search term reports,…the auction insights report,…and the user location reports.…Let's look at these together.…To view these reports, you'll visit…the Dimensions tab from your campaigns view,…and that's where I am on this screen.…Here in Dimensions, you'll choose the View option…in the upper left hand corner,…and we'll start by selecting Search terms.…
Here you can scan the Search terms report daily,…to see what led people to click on your ads.…Maybe its worth creating a new ad around a term you find,…or perhaps you see some words…that are worth adding to your negative keyword list.…You might be surprised at what you find,…and what people searched for to arrive on your page.…Use this information to better tailor your ads.…And just like all of the other data that…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.