Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing bid adjustments, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- Bid adjustments are a way for us to automatically increase…or decrease how much we're willing to pay…when specific devices, geography,…days of week, or times of day is in play.…And it can be really helpful once you get the hang of it.…When we set up our campaign…you might recall that we weren't able to select…whether our ads would appear on mobile devices.…Bid adjustments are how you'll dictate…what happens on mobile as well.…First things first, you'll select the campaign…you wanna modify from your account.…I've already gone ahead and selected this SEARCH campaign…we created earlier.…
Next we wanna drill into the Settings area,…which is the tab here towards the top of the screen.…You'll see at the top next to All settings…we have a tab for Locations, Ad schedule, and Devices.…Now typically when you select the Settings tab…you're going to default into the All settings section,…and that's this section here.…But you'll make your bid adjustments…using the Locations, Ad schedule, and Devices tabs…here towards the top of the screen.…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.