- Promoting content on your blog is a great way to get any new content asset in front of your audience. Your blog attracts early-stage buyers, is great for lead generation, ensures more eyes get on your content, and is a great place for social-ready content to live. Do not discount the importance of your blog when it comes to promoting any new content you may have created. Promoting content on your blog enables you to drive even more traffic to your blog and your content, over time. So, let's go over a few tips for promoting content on your blog.
Don't just promote your ebook, give your audience actionable takeaways. This means when you write a blog post that promotes a new ebook, don't just say, "Hey, here's our new ebook" and then include a downloadable link. Make sure that you're taking valuable content from within that ebook and making it a stand alone blog post. That way it'll be a piece of thought leadership in and of itself. Use bullets and headers for easy skimming. This is really for your blog as a whole, but most people won't sit there and read a blog post word-for-word.
So, make sure that you include multiple bullets and different headers so that your reader can easily skim through the post. Include a hero image of your asset. So, just take a screen shot of the cover of your ebook, and use it as the primary image for your blog post. Then, always include a strong call to action to download the ebook at the beginning of the blog post as well as the end of the post, and perhaps in the middle. You wanna make it clear to the reader that you want them to download the ebook for additional information.
So, let's take a look at an example blog post promoting a new piece of content. This blog post is from the company Marketo and it promotes the Definitive Guide to Lead Nurturing. Notice how it has a screenshot of the ebook cover as the primary image for the post. Also take note that there's various headers throughout and it has bullet points and strong calls to actions that tell the reader to download the guide. This post is not only easy to skim, but it also provides the reader additional and useful information without just merely saying, "Download this ebook." So, once you have your content published on your website, on social media, and have sent out an email, make sure to create a blog post that effectively promotes your content.
The course explores creating a content plan, choosing content types, and developing an editorial calendar. It also explains how to write, edit, and design content, as well as choose the right mix of content and curate it for maximum impact, and closes with tips on measuring the impact of your content marketing efforts.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- What is content marketing?
- Hiring a content marketing team
- Creating buyer personas
- Developing a brand voice
- Setting goals
- Creating a content plan
- Writing, editing, designing, and curating content
- Promoting content on various channels
- Tracking performance