Join Dina Shapiro for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimize, part of Lead Generation Foundations.
- Now it's time to review all your program data and analysis. Determine what worked well that you should keep doing, and identify opportunities to improve. Sometimes the truth can be hard. We've all been there. We can take things personally, because we feel ownership for our work and programs. But as you determine how to optimize your Lead Gen program, try not to take anything too personally. Stay objective and be open to how you can improve in the future. Remember, improvements are good all around your business, brand, and team's performance.
Here are a list of example questions you can ask yourself so you can figure out what you need to optimize. Did you target the right audience? Review your demographics? Are you speaking to the right people? How's your messaging? Are you saying the right thing at the right time? Are you present and engaging in the right channels? This goes for both outbound messages such as emails, or a two-way dialogue, such as in social media. Are your offers compelling? Do they persuade people to act? Is your branding integrated across all channels? So essentially, we're asking ourselves what went well and what didn't? Where were there gaps between what you were striving for and what you didn't quite achieve? Things are changing all the time, so you want to make sure you're constantly optimizing to be relevant and win in market.
Once you identify the gaps, develop a specific action plan to address them. Your plan should include what you need to achieve, what you need to do differently, ideas for how you plan to get there, deadlines, and who needs to be involved. Remember, finding a gap between what you wanted to achieve and what you need to achieve is good. Now you're aware of the problem, and empowered to go fix it and make it better. World-class marketers constantly optimize their programs.
That's how they build their business and stay ahead of the competition.
Finally, discover how to monitor your customer's experience after the sale, reward their loyalty, and measure your program's performance. By the end of the course, you'll have the tools and action plan to keep optimizing your lead generation strategy and expand your customer reach.
- Setting goals
- Publishing engaging content
- Creating compelling offers and calls to action
- Optimizing landing pages
- Developing databases
- Transforming leads into customers
- Making the purchase process clear and simple
- Monitoring social channels
- Measuring results