Join Dina Shapiro for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimize your landing page, part of Lead Generation Foundations.
- Once a lead clicks on the call to action to obtain your offer they very often will end up on a landing page. This is where someone lands after clicking on your call to action. It could have been to download a white paper, start a free trial, or join a mailing list. In this video we'll talk about how to create an effective landing page. Here are three things to keep in mind to make sure you have a great landing page. Align your content with the offer and CTA, follow layout best practices, and do usability testing.
Let's start with the content. Think about what first attracted your visitor. Stay focused on that offer. Keep the language concise and relevant, don't overwhelm people with unnecessary information. Think about how you feel when you click to a landing page and there's a bunch of information that you don't want to read. To build trust you can also include testimonials or customer reviews about that offer. With the right content you can move on to layout best practices. Make your landing page consistent with your overall website, so it feels like one brand.
Clearly display your sign up form, so people will fill it out. White space is your friend. Don't use too many words and keep the page uncluttered. Use visual cues, such as arrows to guide people. Create a sense of urgency by using language such as sign up today or available only for a limited time. Use high quality images to demonstrate your product or service. You want to test different landing page tactics to understand what creates the best experience.
We call this usability testing. This is understanding the most effective combination of tactics to convert a visitor to a qualified lead. Such as testing content, designs, headlines, language, and images. The right layout and content on your landing page will create a great experience that'll convert your visitors to qualified leads.
Finally, discover how to monitor your customer's experience after the sale, reward their loyalty, and measure your program's performance. By the end of the course, you'll have the tools and action plan to keep optimizing your lead generation strategy and expand your customer reach.
- Setting goals
- Publishing engaging content
- Creating compelling offers and calls to action
- Optimizing landing pages
- Developing databases
- Transforming leads into customers
- Making the purchase process clear and simple
- Monitoring social channels
- Measuring results