Join Dina Shapiro for an in-depth discussion in this video Obtain spokespeople or testimonials, part of Lead Generation Foundations.
- Some people wonder if testimonials are effective. Well, did you know that customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating in content marketing at 89%? Or that 90% of online customers trust recommendations from people they know? How about that customers are four times more likely to buy due to testimonials? So how exactly do they work? They're a credible, non-salesy way to promote your business. What's more powerful than positive feedback from a satisfied customer to make you look better than the competition? They connect with people emotionally.
These are real people talking about their honest experiences. Other people can relate and feel connected. They speak to really important benefits. Your customers may see benefits or alternate uses for your product or service that even you may not know about. You can then promote this information to attract more leads. Next let's talk about how to obtain testimonials. First by finding them and then by inviting your customers to provide ones that you can use. Now if you're using Google Analytics for your website you can find testimonials by using their referral data.
This could include other sites, visitors, or customers that linked or refer people to you. From this list decide who are qualified leads. You also can review your social media channels to identify customers who actively share opinions or links. Now that you've identified your sources you need to invite those people to provide testimonials. In some cases small companies have an advantage over large ones. A small business owner usually is closer to their customers and has personal relationships.
Customers feel recognized and known and are more likely to be satisfied and provide a public testimonial. But don't worry, larger businesses can provide incentives, such as discounts or preferred access. Last, but not least, make sure to get written permission from people. Now you're free to use testimonials on your website and social media and in marketing collateral, like brochures, or direct mail. Testimonials are a credible and powerful marketing tool to promote your business and create a consistent pipeline of new leads.
Finally, discover how to monitor your customer's experience after the sale, reward their loyalty, and measure your program's performance. By the end of the course, you'll have the tools and action plan to keep optimizing your lead generation strategy and expand your customer reach.
- Setting goals
- Publishing engaging content
- Creating compelling offers and calls to action
- Optimizing landing pages
- Developing databases
- Transforming leads into customers
- Making the purchase process clear and simple
- Monitoring social channels
- Measuring results