Join Dayna Rothman for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Content Marketing Fundamentals.
- Content marketing is critical in today's noisy world. By creating valuable, educational, and engaging thought leadership, you can create the type of relationship with potential buyers to move them through your sales funnel, to ultimately become loyal customers. So, you're probably thinking now, "where should I go next?" Luckily, I have some resources I'd like to share that have really helped me on my content marketing journey. The first thing I would check out is Ann Handley's groundbreaking content books, Content Rules and Everybody Writes.
Both of these books are great starting points to creating a holistic content strategy. Also check out the resources section and blog for the Content Marketing Institute. Founded by Joe Pulizzi, one of the premier thought leaders of content marketing, this website provides a host of valuable content tools. Definitely check out Marketo's resource section and blog for valuable e-books, definitive guides, and cheat sheets to help you get your content marketing started. I've also written Lead Generation for Dummies, which includes information on how to create content that drives demand and generate leads.
Stay in touch, follow me on Twitter at dayroth. Congratulations on completing this course. I look forward to seeing your great content getting shared, downloaded, and helping to drive growth for your business.
The course explores creating a content plan, choosing content types, and developing an editorial calendar. It also explains how to write, edit, and design content, as well as choose the right mix of content and curate it for maximum impact, and closes with tips on measuring the impact of your content marketing efforts.
- What is content marketing?
- Hiring a content marketing team
- Creating buyer personas
- Developing a brand voice
- Setting goals
- Creating a content plan
- Writing, editing, designing, and curating content
- Promoting content on various channels
- Tracking performance