Join Dina Shapiro for an in-depth discussion in this video Monitor social channels, part of Lead Generation Foundations.
- We talked earlier about monitoring social media to find qualified leads. Well, it's also important so you can understand what your current customers say about you. Over 2 billion people around the world use social media, that's a lot of people. So you'll want to monitor what customers say about your business and their experience with you. Have you ever written a review about a restaurant and all of a sudden the chef or manager responds to you? What a nice surprise. Then if they take a step further and not only thank you, but offer you a free appetizer when you come back in that will delight you.
That's exceeding customer expectations, which we call surprise and delight. This shows that you're listening and that you care, whether the feedback was positive or negative. Here's another example, JetBlue, which is an airline, has a dedicated Twitter team. All they do all day long is monitor what customers are saying about JetBlue and figure out how to surprise and delight them. In one instance they had a customer in an airport tweet that he wanted a special Starbucks drink.
They tweeted him back to acknowledge his concern and then actually brought the exact drink he wanted right to him before take off. So how can you surprise and delight your customers? Make sure you have at least one person in your company who monitors all your key social media channels. This really has to be the right person, they need to understand social media, branding, and how to interact with customers spontaneously. They need to be empowered, and have the authority to make decisions, and in some cases a budget to quickly respond.
If you're a regulated industry you need to have a process in place with your legal and risk management groups to have the flexibility to respond quickly. Surprise and delight your current customers to retain them. This is really important because you're seven times more likely to make a sale with a current customer than a new customer. This is a great way to win if you want to rise above the competition.
Finally, discover how to monitor your customer's experience after the sale, reward their loyalty, and measure your program's performance. By the end of the course, you'll have the tools and action plan to keep optimizing your lead generation strategy and expand your customer reach.
- Setting goals
- Publishing engaging content
- Creating compelling offers and calls to action
- Optimizing landing pages
- Developing databases
- Transforming leads into customers
- Making the purchase process clear and simple
- Monitoring social channels
- Measuring results