Join Dina Shapiro for an in-depth discussion in this video Measure, part of Lead Generation Foundations.
- You set your goals, launched your Lead Gen program, and now it's the moment of truth. How did your program perform? Are you achieving what you set out to achieve? Here's how you find out. Go back to your KPI dashboard from the beginning of this course and start to fill in the data from your program's in market performance. Here fill in the objective numbers only. Then you'll develop a scoring system that's clear and understandable to everyone. Answer this question, did you exceed, meet, or not meet goals? For example, you can assign a one to exceeded goals, two to met goals, and three to did not meet goals.
In this example the lower the score the better. And last, begin your assessment. Understand the why behind the what. Why did your program exceed, meet, or not meet goals? Start with internal objective information, like did you spend at, under, or over plan? Or did you change any program tactics? Next include qualitative insights and knowledge about external factors. Such as did competitors have any new or significant activity, like a new product launch, or increase spend? Or was there significant industry event? Such as new regulations, or positive, or negative press? I've included an Exercise File with space to include your data and assessment.
This spreadsheet is a terrific tool to get you started. Now depending on the size and type of your business, and Lead Gen program, you may consider evolving from a spreadsheet to more sophisticated tool that track spend against programs and helps you determine ways to optimize your program, which we'll discuss in the next video. Use your dashboards of business and program goals to fill in data on your Lead Gen program and determine the why behind those results. These are necessary steps before thinking through how to optimize your program.
Finally, discover how to monitor your customer's experience after the sale, reward their loyalty, and measure your program's performance. By the end of the course, you'll have the tools and action plan to keep optimizing your lead generation strategy and expand your customer reach.
- Setting goals
- Publishing engaging content
- Creating compelling offers and calls to action
- Optimizing landing pages
- Developing databases
- Transforming leads into customers
- Making the purchase process clear and simple
- Monitoring social channels
- Measuring results