Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video How keywords work, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- View Offline
- The majority of your advertising…will use keywords as the primary method…for attracting customers.…So before we start talking about building…our first campaign, we need to talk about keywords.…Keywords are words or phrases that are used…to match your ads with the terms…people are searching for.…These will be the true foundation of your campaigns,…so selecting high quality, relevant keywords…for your advertising campaigns…can help you reach the customers you want…when you want to reach them.…Having the right keywords in your campaigns…can be the difference between a profitable campaign…and one that just wastes your money.…
Earlier, we ran some searches on Google…using the keywords eyeglass repair…and iPhone repair.…These delivered advertisements…that were related to those terms,…but as simple as that sounds,…it's important that we dig deeper…to really understand the nuances…in selecting keywords.…One of the biggest mistakes is assuming…that keywords that mean roughly the same thing…will perform the same.…Let's say you're in the pre-owned vehicles business.…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Bing Ads Essential Trainingwith Joseph Kerschbaum1h 44m Beginner
Advanced Google AdWords Tips and Trickswith David Booth56m 54s Advanced
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.