Join Dina Shapiro for an in-depth discussion in this video Engage in social channels, part of Lead Generation Foundations.
- Remember what we said before, that once a customer makes a purchase your job is far from done? To generate new qualified leads consistently, you need to convert your current customers into loyal advocates. Start by monitoring their social media habits, and then engaging with them. Let's take a look at each in a bit more detail. Monitor social media to help you understand which sites your customers prefer and their behavior, such as liking, commenting, or sharing, and the time of day they interact.
Do your customers visit a really specific blog a night time? Or do they prefer a more general site, such as LinkedIn, and interact on that site during the day? Next, you're ready to engage with customers in real time. Be present where they are in relevant ways, so customers see that you have similar interests. You can be present through paid media, such as display ads, or you can engage in ways that don't require a media budget. Answer questions, agree or disagree with comments, respond to complaints, or ask them for ideas about new products, promotions, or service improvements.
Use these insights to improve your offerings and customer experience. Share this information with your customers so they feel heard and respected, and are more likely to advocate your brand. Here are some more ideas to help you engage with your customers. Use Twitter to promote a local cause that's important to them, and relates to your business. Join a professional network on LinkedIn. You'll want to like or comment on other people's posts. Ask your Facebook followers for ideas about new products or ways to improve you service.
Watch Instagram activity, and join those conversations. Look, there's a difference between just being present and engaging. You need to take it to the next level and actually interact with people. There are tons of courses on Lynda.com to dive into more detail about all these social media sites and how you can really engage with your customers. I highly encourage you to check these out.
Finally, discover how to monitor your customer's experience after the sale, reward their loyalty, and measure your program's performance. By the end of the course, you'll have the tools and action plan to keep optimizing your lead generation strategy and expand your customer reach.
- Setting goals
- Publishing engaging content
- Creating compelling offers and calls to action
- Optimizing landing pages
- Developing databases
- Transforming leads into customers
- Making the purchase process clear and simple
- Monitoring social channels
- Measuring results