Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Define your customers, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- At this stage, we understand our goals and our product.…It would be a waste of time to peruse the wrong audience.…The best audience is the one that needs…your category of product,…and the audience that is looking for dog grooming,…for example, might not be the same audience…that's looking for cat grooming.…When I start any advertising endeavor,…I like to outline the type of customer I'm targeting,…specific to the product that I want them to buy.…You can do this by creating descriptive Personas.…There's a lot of ways that you can go about…deciphering the Personas of your users,…if you've got an existing customer base,…you can conduct surveys and mind your data for patterns.…
If you're just starting out,…you'll have to make some educated assumptions.…To do that, let's start with a simple exercise.…We're going to outline three desired…or typical customers of yours.…Pull out a piece of paper,…and then close your eyes and picture…three different customers interacting with your product.…Now, write down the three names that come to your mind…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.