Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Define your business, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- Before starting any online advertising,…whether paid or organic,…its important to identify what you hope…to gain from your efforts.…Do you want to increase traffic to your website?…Drive more phone calls through your sales team?…Would you like more customers to come through your doors?…Or are you trying to educate your consumers…about a very specific product?…These are just a few examples of what…I'll refer to as your paid advertising business goals.…With a clear goal, you'll be able to identify a strategy,…and evaluate the proper way to measure results.…
If you want brand awareness,…you might track impressions…instead of tracking clicks.…Whereas a traffic campaign,…is going to be focused on the quantity of visitors,…and therefore clicks would become important.…Your goal will be composed of four elements.…The objective, the motivation, the effort,…and the KPI, or key performance indicator.…Your KPI is not just what you're measuring,…but the actual quantity of that measurement…you hope to achieve.…Let's walk through some examples to show you how…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.