Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and exporting reports, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- Now that we've looked at a few ways…to review data in AdWords,…you're probably wondering how you can export this data…and use it in programs like Excel and Numbers.…You'll start by customizing the statistics table…of your AdWords account using columns,…segments, and filters, and this is the table here,…below the chart on the screen.…Once the table looks exactly how you want,…you can download it as a report in a variety of formats…and save it.…You can also set up the report to run at specific intervals…and even schedule it to be e-mailed to you or others…who have access to your account.…
So, from our "campaigns" view,…let's say that I've got this table…set up exactly how I want it.…What I'll do is click the "download" icon here,…just below the "Ad extensions" tab.…In the "Format" drop-down, I can choose the file type…that I'd like this to be in.…I could choose pdf, xml, or, in this case,…I'll leave it as an Excel.csv.…You can also choose to leave in any segments…that have been set up, or remove them if you need to.…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.