Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an ad group, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- Now that your campaign is configured,…its time to focus on setting up your ad groups.…If you recall from earlier,…the best practice is to create a separate ad group…for each theme or product that you offer.…Remember, every ad group contains…a set of keywords, ads, and bids that you'll manage.…If you've been following these movies in order,…they're probably on this step where you'll create…your first ad group inside this campaign.…Now remember, you'll probably end up with lots…of additional ad groups under this campaign as well,…and we can always add more at any time.…
But for now, let's go ahead and create…a very specific ad group around…our Landon Hotel summer discount offer.…So the first thing we need to do…is give our ad group a name.…And much like our campaign name,…the ad group name should be very descriptive,…as we're going to have multiple of these.…Now in this case, I'm going to be theming my ad groups…around the idea of a discount.…So my first ad group is going to be…25% Discount | Hotel Intent.…And what this means is that this ad group is going…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.