Join Dina Shapiro for an in-depth discussion in this video Create loyal customers, part of Lead Generation Foundations.
- So you've made your sale, think your job is over? Absolutely not. The customer experience doesn't end with the purchase. The way we're treated by companies after we've given them our money can often determine if we become repeat customers and recommend them to others. So how do you make sure your new customer will be a repeat customer again and again? Let's talk about three ways. Keep your customers informed. Large online retailers have made this an art form, but keeping a customer informed after they make a purchase is vital for any business.
Use follow up communications, such as discount offers, reward points, or thank-you messages. Give your customer a voice. Send out satisfaction surveys, so your customers can voice their opinions or complaints, whether it's about the buying process or service improvements. Try a company like SurveyMonkey, which doesn't cost that much money and will provide you with the results right away. Surveys prove to your customers that their feedback is important to your business and that you value their opinions.
Go back to your customer databases that we discussed in an earlier chapter to pull a list of people who meet the criteria for your survey. And make sure you take those insights from the survey feedback and take action. This let's customers know that they've been heard and you're making the changes they've suggested. You can use your website and social media sites to communicate these changes to your customers and encourage additional feedback on how to make your business better, which benefits everyone. Follow up purchases with education emails, such as how-tos and tips and tricks to accelerate customers usage of your product or service.
The more of an expert they are the happier, and the more likely they'll be to recommend to someone else. Plus it gives you an opportunity to cross-sell items or up-sell add-ons or enhancements. These might sound like obvious ways to create customer loyalty, but you'd be surprised at how many companies just don't do them. Engage your customers and let them know their business and their opinions matter.
Finally, discover how to monitor your customer's experience after the sale, reward their loyalty, and measure your program's performance. By the end of the course, you'll have the tools and action plan to keep optimizing your lead generation strategy and expand your customer reach.
- Setting goals
- Publishing engaging content
- Creating compelling offers and calls to action
- Optimizing landing pages
- Developing databases
- Transforming leads into customers
- Making the purchase process clear and simple
- Monitoring social channels
- Measuring results