Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting Google Analytics, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- If you've got a website, and you're…running AdWords campaigns, then…there's a pretty good chance that you've…also got a Google Analytics account.…And one of the most powerful features of AdWords…is its ability to integrate with Google Analytics.…Now, you might be thinking that the AdWords…system is already throwing more…data at you than you can bear.…But at the same time, you can get…powerful metrics by integrating your AdWords…account with your Google Analytics account.…So, why exactly should you link these together?…Well, there's a lot of important questions…that AdWords by itself can't answer.…
AdWords was never intended to be an analytical solution.…By default, its only responsibility is to keep track…of everything that happens right up to the click.…Things like, how many times your ad is shown,…from what search queries, or on what websites.…It tracks which ad was shown in response…to which bid, how much you were charged…for the click, and specific data like that.…But, after the click, well, AdWords loses the visitor.…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.