Join Dina Shapiro for an in-depth discussion in this video Amplify followers, part of Lead Generation Foundations.
- Business Week did a study which showed that seven out of ten people who read reviews, share them with friends, family, and colleagues. This sharing amplifies the impact of those reviews. With just one simple post, a customer can reach thousands of followers in just a matter of seconds. When customers have a positive experience with your brand, they can generate leads for your busness. How? By tapping into their network of followers who trust and respect their opinions. Let's talk about three ways you can amplify your followers.
First, encourage customers to interact with one another by making it easy for them to comment on and endorse your product or service. Create places where they can connect with one another and build on each other's conversations to amplify the effect. Here are a few examples. Create a place for reviews and comments on your website. Write posts about your business on external blogs so customers can speak about their experiences. In social media, post information about your business to encourage customers to share reviews and comments.
The second way is to encourage your customers to share endorsements with their networks. Every one of your customers has their own network of hundreds or thousands of people. And their network trusts their opinions. Think about gaining one, five, or even ten new leads from each of your current customers' networks. That's great potential. Let's talk about a few ways to do this. Include really visible social sharing and follow buttons on your website. Tailor your content for sharing.
Respond frequently to comments and questions with answers designed for sharing. Use visuals, videos, or iconographics that are interesting and easy to share. Host Twitter chats with incentives for customers to invite a friend. Invite guest bloggers with customers suggesting guests from their network. Promote your endorsements from objective, credible news publications that can be shared. And the final point, build relationships with influencers so they'll promote your brand.
What's an influencer? Someone who's engaging, has good reach, and many followers. Influencers tend to be active in social channels. They engage their followers with frequent opinions and recommendations, so they can really help amplify your following. Find influencers in your industry. Learn the type of content they like to comment on and then share that content. If you have a niche business, with strict criteria to qualify leads, you might prefer influencers with smaller reach, but more tightly defined followers.
Or if your business has mass appeal, with more flexible criteria to qualify leads, you might prefer influencers with greater reach and less defined followers. Customers and external influencers are terrific sources to promote your business. They can engage with one another and invite people from within their networks to join the conversation.
Finally, discover how to monitor your customer's experience after the sale, reward their loyalty, and measure your program's performance. By the end of the course, you'll have the tools and action plan to keep optimizing your lead generation strategy and expand your customer reach.
- Setting goals
- Publishing engaging content
- Creating compelling offers and calls to action
- Optimizing landing pages
- Developing databases
- Transforming leads into customers
- Making the purchase process clear and simple
- Monitoring social channels
- Measuring results