Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding ad groups and reviewing options, part of Google AdWords Essential Training (2017).
- Our Campaigns are typically going to have…more than one Ad group.…So, let's take a look at how we can add…more Ad groups to this Campaign.…I'm here in our Campaigns Dashboard…and I got here by selecting Campaigns,…at the top of the screen, from anywhere within AdWords.…Next, I'll choose Ad groups from the tabbed view.…And then I'll choose Add Ad Group…here on the left-hand side of the screen.…First, you'll need to Select a campaign…if you're not already within a Campaign.…I only have one Campaign at this point…so I'll select that and then we'll choose Continue.…
And this screen is going to look exactly like…the screen we saw earlier.…Except in this case,…the Ad Group number has incremented to two…and you would change that again…to whatever custom name made sense.…I'm going to go to the bottom here…and choose Cancel new ad group.…So remember, it seems like it's a lot of work…to go about adding more Ad groups.…You might be thinking,…"Gosh, can't I just put all of those keywords…"in the same Ad group…"and then just run those same ads for it?"…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.