- View Offline
Learn how to read a search engine results page and find your ranking, and see how rankings affect businesses large and small. Then discover how to implement foundational optimization strategies and techniques, including how to conduct keyword research, build inbound links, optimize your pages and content, measure your successes and progress, and plan for a long-term SEO strategy. You'll also learn specific SEO tips for ecommerce, local search, and mobile audiences to expand your reach.
- What is SEO?
- Understanding how search engines index content
- Researching keywords
- Using SEO tools
- Optimizing pages for keywords
- Optimizing code and site structure
- Building links to your content
- Optimizing nontext components of a webpage
- Analyzing content quality
- Defining your audience, topics, angle, and style
- Promoting your content via social media
- Measuring SEO effectiveness
- Setting up Google+ Local
- Optimizing ecommerce sites for search
- Configuring sites for mobile
Skill Level Beginner
- Search is the gateway to just about everything we do online. If we're hungry, we turn to a search engine to find the best restaurants and read reviews. If we're in the market for a product or service, we research it on the web, and with the explosion of mobile devices like smartphones and tablets, we're no longer limited by where we can search, so people are searching all day every day, but the real question is: will they find you in the search results? That's what this course is all about. I'm David Booth, founding partner at a digital firm called Cardinal Path, where I've been helping organizations all over the world take advantage of this new digital landscape for well over a decade.
In this course, I'll share with you the fundamentals of search engine optimization, or SEO for short. I'll talk about how to find and research the keywords that you want your pages to rank for, how to come up with and optimize content for the target keywords, and the importance of links from other websites, and social exposure. I'll then focus on local and mobile implications, as well as measurement strategies that can help you understand just what you're getting back from your investment in SEO. If you're ready to make sure that you can be found in search results, then let's get started.