- Identify the phase when it would be best to spend the most money on marketing.
- Recall the question you must continually consider in the development phase.
- Recognize why it might be a good strategy for a company to do a refresh on a product.
- Recognize when tertiary competitors can pose a risk to your market share.
- Explain where to place a product’s value proposition in a team aligning document.
Skill Level Beginner
- One of the biggest challenges in marketing today, is becoming too focused on the tactical, buying ads, designing emails, creating blog content, an so on. We often forget that the most successful aspect of marketing is understanding what the customer wants, and how to align products with their needs. This is handled through product marketing, and it's among one of the most important areas of marketing at any organization. Hi, I'm Brad Batesole. I'm a Chief Marketing Officer, former VP of Product, and I've been involved in marketing, one way or another, for the last 15 years.
In this course, I'm going to help you understand the foundations of what product marketing really is, how it works, and how to be effective at it. Product marketing is how you'll unlock growth on a new or existing product. Together, we'll walk through the ins and outs of the product lifecycle, and what your marketing goals should be at each stage. We'll also look at what product-market fit, and message-market fit are, along with the steps necessary to achieve both. Armed with all this knowledge, we'll put together a Lean Canvas, and a plan on how to coordinate our marketing efforts.
Let's get started!