Want more information about MariaDB? Check out Understanding MariaDB for MySQL Users.
- Comparing MariaDB and MySQL
- Creating and using virtual columns in MariaDB
- Building Sphinx tables
- Installing HandlerSocket
- Setting up GTIDs in MariaDB and MySQL
- Audit logging in MariaDB and MySQL
- Using GIS in MariaDB and MySQL
Skill Level Advanced
- Hi, I'm Sheeri Cabral and welcome to Advanced Topics in MySQL and MariaDB. In this course, I'll explain how MySQL and MariaDB implement similar, cutting-edge concepts in different ways. I'll show you how to install and use the Sphinx storage engine which provides a way to use Sphinx's powerful full-text zquerying from within MySQL and MariaDB. Then, I'll explain how to install and configure the handler socket plug-in to use relational databases as if they were NoSQL data stores.
Global Transaction Identifiers or GTIDs make replication even easier to use, especially for failover. So I will discuss the different GTID implementations in MySQL and MariaDB. I'll take you through how authentication and audit plug-ins expand your connection and logging options. And finally, I'll show you how MySQL and MariaDB store geometric and geographical information. So let's get started with Advanced Topics in MySQL and MariaDB.