Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Trimming and extending portions of a sketch, part of Learning Onshape.
- The trim and extend tools are a great way…to create a bunch of geometry and then just…kinda trim it or extend it to make…the shape I'm lookin' for.…So, first thing I wanna do is just upon up…a blank document and choose the front plane.…Start a sketch and I'm gonna go ahead…and choose the front planes.…I'm looking directly at it.…Of course, I'm going to hide these other planes…so I'm not being distracted.…Alright, trim is pretty cool but first…I need to have some lines to trim away.…So let's go ahead and just kinda draw some stuff out here,…some different shapes, and see what happens.…
Let's add a couple circles over here.…Maybe one over here.…Alright, here's a bunch of sketch geometry,…obviously nothing that would actually…ever be created from that.…But I want to point out what these tools do.…So here it is, the little pair of scissors and directly…below the scissors is extend and I also can split things.…Go to trim and I can just choose a line…and just gonna cut to the next closest thing it sees.…So I can just kinda trim these things…
- Modeling parts and working with Part Studios
- Creating sketches
- Building revolved and extruded features
- Trimming and extending sketch objects
- Creating offset geometry and holes
- Building assembles
- Importing parts
- Creating part and assembly drawings
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Onshape
2. Basic Part Modeling
3. Modeling Parts
4. Part and Assembly Drawings
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.