Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing parts (downloading files and 608 bearing), part of Learning Onshape.
- [Narrator] At this point, we would like to install…bearings on either side of this wheel.…Now I can design that part myself if I wanted to,…however, there's a lot of companies and suppliers…who offer free CAD models to download.…And one of the great things about Onshape…is that it can import models from all types…of different CAD systems and CAD formats…to be used in the workspace.…So let me point you in the direction of a couple places…that I download models from on a regular basis.…The first one over here is GrabCAD.…So if you're here at GrabCAD, you can search in here…for pretty much any type of model you want,…find the file and then just download it.…
And sometimes it's going to be in a STEP format,…a CATIA format, IGES format, SolidWorks,…you name it, doesn't really matter 'cause…Onshape can pretty much work with any of those file types.…And just import the files and all the assembly will come in…and you can work with any of those parts.…So that's a great resource.…The other resource I have is McMaster-Carr.…
- Modeling parts and working with Part Studios
- Creating sketches
- Building revolved and extruded features
- Trimming and extending sketch objects
- Creating offset geometry and holes
- Building assembles
- Importing parts
- Creating part and assembly drawings
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Onshape
2. Basic Part Modeling
3. Modeling Parts
4. Part and Assembly Drawings
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.