Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing the hanger, part of Learn Onshape: The Basics.
- The next part of the skateboard design…is what's called the hanger and that's…part of the truck assembly.…And this is really what's gonna have the axle…going through it,…which is going to support the wheels…and allow this whole truck to pivot…and turn the skateboard.…Okay,…now there's a lot of features that go into this part…so I'm not gonna go through and draw them all for you.…But, I want to go in and actually look…at each one of those sketches…and some of the methodology…for creating it the way we did.…The best way to learn any type of CAD software…is really to go in and look at the feature tree…and roll it back to the beginning to see, step by step,…how something was created.…
And let's do exactly the same thing in Onshape.…So, down here at the bottom of the tree,…notice we have what's called a rollback bar.…I can roll that back all the way to the very beginning…and take a lot at sketch number one.…We can fairly easily create this sketch using…just the line command and a center line.…Now that center line, right there,…
- Modeling parts and working with Part Studios
- Creating sketches
- Building revolved and extruded features
- Trimming and extending sketch objects
- Creating offset geometry and holes
- Building assembles
- Importing parts
- Creating part and assembly drawings
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Onshape
2. Basic Part Modeling
3. Modeling Parts
4. Part and Assembly Drawings
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.