Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the truck assembly, part of Learning Onshape.
- [Instructor] At this point in the design…I wanna create the lower truck assembly here.…And you can see we got a bunch of different parts…we're gonna be putting together.…So, to get started let's go ahead and click on the plus,…create an assembly,…and if I want I can change the name over here,…so right click on the name, say rename,…and I'm gonna say truck dash A-S-S.…Assembly, and I'll call it number two.…And click on the green check mark.…And now I'm gonna insert,…and the part I'm gonna insert is really gonna be that base.…Right, so I'm gonna kinda bring the base plate in.…
There it is, click okay.…And I don't want that moving, so I wanna pin that in place.…So, if I click on the casting itself,…if I right click on it, I can say fix.…I wanna do the same thing with the kingpin,…same thing with the pivot,…and same thing with the spacer.…So, all those are gonna be fixed and spaced,…nothing's gonna be moving.…Then I'm gonna bring everything else to those parts.…Let's go back up to insert.…Once I have insert done I'm gonna…
- Modeling parts and working with Part Studios
- Creating sketches
- Building revolved and extruded features
- Trimming and extending sketch objects
- Creating offset geometry and holes
- Building assembles
- Importing parts
- Creating part and assembly drawings
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Onshape
2. Basic Part Modeling
3. Modeling Parts
4. Part and Assembly Drawings
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.