Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating holes, part of Learning Onshape.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we're gonna be looking at…creating holes inside of a part.…So, the first thing I need to do is obviously create a part.…And I'm a choose a top plane here and create a Sketch.…Let's go ahead and use a rectangle.…I'm a click on that so I'm lookin'…at the very top of the part,…and just draw out a rectangle.…Doesn't really matter if it's fully defined or not.…Click on Extrude.…Let's spin that around, when it's just fine,…click Okay, and there's my rectangle.…Now, I wanna place some points on a…sketch to define where I want my holes to be.…So I'm a choose the top surface here,…I'm a start a new Sketch.…
Let's go ahead and look on the top surface again.…Now I can just randomly place individual points,…and that's absolutely fine,…but sometimes you might wanna place…things a little bit more strategically.…So, you might wanna use something like a rectangle,…or like a center point rectangle for instance.…Click here, draw out a rectangle.…Something like that,…and then you might wanna wind around all that stuff.…
- Modeling parts and working with Part Studios
- Creating sketches
- Building revolved and extruded features
- Trimming and extending sketch objects
- Creating offset geometry and holes
- Building assembles
- Importing parts
- Creating part and assembly drawings
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Onshape
2. Basic Part Modeling
3. Modeling Parts
4. Part and Assembly Drawings
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.