Join Virginia O'Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with templates, part of MailChimp Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- MailChimp templates are reusable layouts…that you design and use to create campaigns,…also known as email newsletters.…You may have only one or two templates…or you could have dozens…depending on what types of campaigns you are sending.…You may change your templates often,…or you could create one and use it for years.…The difference between a campaign and a template is this,…a template is the starting layout for an email campaign…that you will send,…a campaign is the actual content you send…to your list of subscribers.…
When you send a campaign MailChimp will ask you…what template you want to use.…Most people prefer to brand the emails they send…and use the templates that they set…with colors, logos, styles, and fonts…to match their emails with their unique brand.…If you have multiple people on staff,…perhaps an official marketing department,…you may have someone in charge of designing the templates.…But even if you're doing it all yourself…a template can be designed once and used many times.…So it reduces the level of rework that you have to do…
And if you find your subscriber list grows beyond the 2,000-address limit imposed in the free app, check out the tutorials where Virginia shows you how to upgrade to the paid version of MailChimp, which contains one of its most useful features: autoresponders.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Sending your first email campaign with MailChimp
- Viewing reports
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Improving your click and open rates
- Upgrading to a paid MailChimp account