A successful email marketing campaign should be broken up into smaller pieces, or segments. Sending an email to all your customers more likely than not results in weak results. In this video tutorial, Mike talks about how the best way to increase these results is through audience segmentation and offers some considerations for how to begin your segmentation profiles.
- Every single email address in your database…corresponds to a person with their own needs,…wants, and desires.…There can be a tendency to send marketing…emails to everyone in your list,…since that's the best way…to get the highest ROI, right?…If I send to more people,…even if I have a lower overall open rate,…I still get a volume push.…But that's flawed thinking when it comes…to email marketing.…Sending out giant email blasts…uses up your allotted sends faster,…it can also lead to a higher complaint rate.…Relevance is one of the key concepts…we discuss in this course.…
Is the message you're sending me…something that matters to me?…I'm a married father of two little boys.…If I get an email promoting a nightclub,…my first thought is,…"I'll be asleep."…However, if I get an email…from a life insurance company…that says they have a plan…to help me take care of my family,…okay, now you've got my attention.…There's a phrase in marketing that goes,…"If you're talking to everybody,…you're talking to nobody."…And nowhere is that more important…
Optimization strategist Michael Duquet helps you take your newsletters and eblasts and refine them into targeted, revenue-generating emails that your customers actually want to read. He walks you through choosing the best tool for your company, defining your micro and macro goals, and creating a believable sender persona. Then, he goes deep into segmenting: creating granular lists based on demographics (such as geolocation, gender, income, or industry) and behaviors (such as purchases, emails read, or clicks). He also reviews the best practices for mobile emails, including eye flow and the role of images and video. Finally, he shows how to perfect your engagement with tips on writing effective subject lines, placing your calls to action, and sending emails at the right time.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Setting up email for the best screen resolution
- Getting the right email marketing tools
- Defining the customer contact journey
- Sending onboarding emails
- Researching emails
- Segmenting emails
- Building your persona
- Optimizing emails for mobile viewing
- Optimizing the subject line
- Sending email at the right time