Virginia O'Connor shows you how to import an updated list of subscribers and overwrite previous data in MailChimp.
- [Virginia] Once in a while, I need to appeal…to a subset of my subscriber list.…The list segment lets me focus…on a specific type of subscriber in a way…that they're more likely to engage with,…because the content is specific to them.…Any MailChimp list can be segmented…to target specific people.…A segment is a portion of your list…that includes only the subscribers…that match your specific target criteria.…You can define multiple segments in your list,…depending on the messages that you're sending.…
Some examples of segments that may be useful…for Topsy Turvy Cake Designs are…individual customers, companies, maybe restaurants,…and wedding planners.…Each of the people on my list, and yours,…have different needs.…Let's take a look at how to create and use…a list segment.…We're going to create a segment of our Topsy Turvy…subscriber list to find just our corporate clients.…To segment a list, I'm going to go to the lists tab,…and choose manage contacts.…
Under the manage contacts drop down,…I can see segments.…Of course we don't have any segments yet,…
Plus, find out how to use one of MailChimp's most useful features—the autoresponder—which was just introduced to the free version of the app, and get even more reach with social media advertising.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Creating your first campaign with MailChimp
- A/B testing campaigns
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Growing your subscribers
- Sending videos
- Adding automation and ads
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with MailChimp
2. Creating, Sending, and Reviewing Campaigns
3. Using Advanced Campaign Techniques
4. Working with Sign-Up Forms and Lists
Working with sign-up forms4m 40s
5. Working with Subscriber Lists
6. Engaging Your Subscribers
7. Adding Automation and Ads
Creating ads in MailChimp2m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.