Join Virginia O'Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using list segments, part of MailChimp Fundamentals.
- Any MailChimp list can be segmented…to target specific customers.…A segment is a portion of your list…that includes only subscribers that match…your specific target criteria.…You can define multiple segments in your list,…depending on the messages you are sending.…Some examples of segments that may be useful…using our Wisdom Pet's office are…subscribers with cats versus dogs,…or subscribers with older pets versus younger ones,…Subscribers with non-traditional pets like…snakes, birds, rabbits and salamanders.…
Each of these subsets of your list are unique…and they have different needs.…Targeting a specific segment of your subscribers…means delivering highly specific content…to a particular type of subscriber.…It allows you to speak more directly to them…about something pertinent,…rather than sending a general message.…Segments let you focus on a set of subscribers…and send emails that they're more likely to engage with.…Let's take a look at how to create a list segment.…For this video we've updated the Wisdom Pet's list…
And if you find your subscriber list grows beyond the 2,000-address limit imposed in the free app, check out the tutorials where Virginia shows you how to upgrade to the paid version of MailChimp, which contains one of its most useful features: autoresponders.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Sending your first email campaign with MailChimp
- Viewing reports
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Improving your click and open rates
- Upgrading to a paid MailChimp account