Adding imagery to your emails is not a simple slam dunk. Email inboxes differ depending upon the email client and mobile device being used. Real estate is at a premium. In this video Mike gives his answer to this often asked question and then offers the most important factors that should determine if your next email campaign relies on rich vibrant imagery, or if you should let your words do the talking.
- [Voiceover] In the past year I've probably been asked…no question more than this,…should I include images in my mobile emails?…The answer is a definitive maybe.…Images are a great way to impress readers…and convey complex thoughts in a simple presentation.…However their use needs to be planned out…due to differences from desktop resolutions.…Here are some things to consider…for using images in mobile marketing emails.…Apple versus Android.…While email images are enabled by default on Apple devices,…they're disabled by default on Android devices.…
For this reason it's important…not to go overboard with imagery.…Otherwise a certain part of your audience…will only see empty white boxes.…Also, ensure you have detailed alt text for every image.…So even if they don't see the image…they'll still get the gist of what…you're trying to communicate.…Image mapping.…One of the best things about using images on desktop emails…is that you can use link mapping.…Putting different links in different areas…of the same image.…However, on mobile devices this is known to be problematic.…
Optimization strategist Michael Duquet helps you take your newsletters and eblasts and refine them into targeted, revenue-generating emails that your customers actually want to read. He walks you through choosing the best tool for your company, defining your micro and macro goals, and creating a believable sender persona. Then, he goes deep into segmenting: creating granular lists based on demographics (such as geolocation, gender, income, or industry) and behaviors (such as purchases, emails read, or clicks). He also reviews the best practices for mobile emails, including eye flow and the role of images and video. Finally, he shows how to perfect your engagement with tips on writing effective subject lines, placing your calls to action, and sending emails at the right time.
- Setting up email for the best screen resolution
- Getting the right email marketing tools
- Defining the customer contact journey
- Sending onboarding emails
- Researching emails
- Segmenting emails
- Building your persona
- Optimizing emails for mobile viewing
- Optimizing the subject line
- Sending email at the right time