Virginia O'Connor explains what MailChimp groups are and when to use them.
- [Virginia] When you start to have multiple…email lists, you'll notice that the people…that you interact with over email…can often be grouped in different ways.…Groups is another way to organize your subscribers.…Based on the choices that they make when they sign up,…essentially using groups lets you send content…based on your subscriber's interests or preferences.…Groups also lets you categorize your subscribers…across multiple lists.…
Group settings are established in the list…when a user signs up, so to implement groups,…we'll have to update the sign up form.…Let's open our list, and we'll choose the drop…down to the far right, and we'll open up…our sign up forms.…Select the general forms, scroll down…on the build it tab and we're going to add a new field.…Let's add a check box in this case.…
We'll give our field a label,…and now we're going to set the options.…So in Audry's case of Topsy Turvy Cake Designs,…she may want to have information for her customers…that are coupons and recipes,…so that's what we're going to add here.…
Plus, find out how to use one of MailChimp's most useful features—the autoresponder—which was just introduced to the free version of the app, and get even more reach with social media advertising.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Creating your first campaign with MailChimp
- A/B testing campaigns
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Growing your subscribers
- Sending videos
- Adding automation and ads
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 07/30/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: creating and replicating campaigns, social follow vs. social share blocks, and creating ads in MailChimp. In addition, new videos were added that cover identifying top subscribers, creating a landing page in MailChimp, and remarketing in MailChimp.
Managing Email Marketing Lists and Campaignswith Megan Adams1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with MailChimp
2. Creating, Sending, and Reviewing Campaigns
3. Using Advanced Campaign Techniques
4. Working with Sign-Up Forms and Lists
Working with sign-up forms4m 40s
5. Working with Subscriber Lists
6. Engaging Your Subscribers
7. Adding Automation and Ads
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.