The timing of an email can be the single most important factor to determine campaign success. With so much competition for your inbox, getting to your reader at the right time is difficult, but not impossible. In this video Mike discusses a few tips you can use to decide when is the optimal send and receipt time for your email open rates.
- [Voiceover] After every e-mail conference I attend,…I'm always asked the same question.…"Mike, when's the best time to…"send my marketing e-mails?…"I've read that Thursday 3pm eastern is optimal."…Not to burst your bubble, folks,…but there really is no best time to…send your specific message.…However there are a few things to consider…to help you determine your own best time.…Tip number one, the more information you…have on your customers, the better.…Different audiences react differently.…This really shouldn't be a surprise, should it?…Sending an e-mail to someone at the same time,…regardless of where they live,…will result in different open rates.…
After all, 6am in Los Angeles is 9am in New York,…so while the Angelinos are just waking up,…their inboxes are filling up, but the Manhattanite…might actually be checking their…morning e-mails at that exact moment.…Think of how the data you have…about those users might impact their…propensity to open an e-mail.…Tip number two, mobile opens.…If you want a user from a big city…
Optimization strategist Michael Duquet helps you take your newsletters and eblasts and refine them into targeted, revenue-generating emails that your customers actually want to read. He walks you through choosing the best tool for your company, defining your micro and macro goals, and creating a believable sender persona. Then, he goes deep into segmenting: creating granular lists based on demographics (such as geolocation, gender, income, or industry) and behaviors (such as purchases, emails read, or clicks).
He also reviews the best practices for mobile emails, including eye flow and the role of images and video. Finally, he shows how to perfect your engagement with tips on writing effective subject lines, placing your calls to action, and sending emails at the right time.
- Setting up email for the best screen resolution
- Getting the right email marketing tools
- Defining the customer contact journey
- Sending onboarding emails
- Researching emails
- Segmenting emails
- Building your persona
- Optimizing emails for mobile viewing
- Optimizing the subject line
- Sending email at the right time