In MailChimp, there are campaigns and templates. Understand the differences betwen a campaign versus a template in this video.
- [Instructor] MailChimp templates are reusable layouts…that you design and use to create campaigns…which are also known as your email newsletters.…You may have only one or two templates…but you could have dozens depending…on what types of campaigns you're sending.…You can change your templates often…or you might create one and use it for years.…The difference between a campaign and a template is this.…A template is the starting layout…to build an email campaign.…The campaign is the actual content…that you send to your list of subscribers.…
Most people choose to brand their templates…and use them to set the colors, the logos,…styles, fonts, anything else you want to use…to match your emails to your unique brand.…If you have multiple people on staff,…perhaps even an official marketing department,…you may have someone in charge of designing the templates.…But even if you're doing it all yourself,…a template can be designed once and used many times.…So it reduces the level of work you have to do…for every campaign.…
Plus, find out how to use one of MailChimp's most useful features—the autoresponder—which was just introduced to the free version of the app, and get even more reach with social media advertising.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Creating your first campaign with MailChimp
- A/B testing campaigns
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Growing your subscribers
- Sending videos
- Adding automation and ads
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 07/30/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: creating and replicating campaigns, social follow vs. social share blocks, and creating ads in MailChimp. In addition, new videos were added that cover identifying top subscribers, creating a landing page in MailChimp, and remarketing in MailChimp.
Managing Email Marketing Lists and Campaignswith Megan Adams1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with MailChimp
2. Creating, Sending, and Reviewing Campaigns
3. Using Advanced Campaign Techniques
4. Working with Sign-Up Forms and Lists
Working with sign-up forms4m 40s
5. Working with Subscriber Lists
6. Engaging Your Subscribers
7. Adding Automation and Ads
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.