Join Virginia O'Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a subscriber list, part of Learning MailChimp.
- When you start working in MailChimp,…you'll want to define your lists pretty quickly.…Nearly everything you do in MailChimp…revolves around a list.…It's the first selection you make when sending any e-mail,…so it's important to think about…who you'll be sending campaigns to…and what you'll be sending them.…You can also segment and group your lists.…We'll go over that soon, too.…A very basic subscriber list is simply a list…of e-mail addresses, and this is really all you need…to send an e-mail campaign.…Most people collect a few other details like names,…time zones, birthdates, and other information.…
It has to be shared by the people…who have signed up to receive your e-mails.…Depending on your needs, you may also want…to include hidden data about your subscribers…like whether they are a paying customer or not.…We'll go into how to gather information in another video.…MailChimp is a permissions based e-mail service,…which means that there are no purchased, rented,…or scraped lists allowed, no matter what.…You can import lists that conform to MailChimp guidelines,…
And if you find your subscriber list grows beyond the 2,000-address limit imposed in the free app, check out the tutorials where Virginia shows you how to upgrade to the paid version of MailChimp, which contains one of its most useful features: autoresponders.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Sending your first email campaign with MailChimp
- Viewing reports
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Improving your click and open rates
- Upgrading to a paid MailChimp account